Our curriculumAt each of our nurseries the Staff Team implement different themes and topics, based on the children’s interests and upcoming events and festivals. These themes are used to support the children as they work through the Early Years Foundation Stage.
Example Themes/ Festivals:
- The circle of life (life cycles)
- Children from around the world (Diversity)
- Moving to School (school readiness)
- Christmas and the north pole
- Outings and Transport
- Harvest / Easter
- Fairy tales and rhymes
- Diwali / Hanukkah
- Space and Planets
- Colours, Materials and Textiles (exploring their senses)
The children take part in a wide range of age adapted activities both indoors and in our garden linked to each monthly theme. These themes are always flexible, we encourage spontaneous discussions and ideas from the children as much as possible.
Once each child has started to settle into the nursery they will be given a Key Person. This is a member of our team who is responsible for;
- Being that special person that knows the child best and who the child will form strong bonds with
- Ensuring the child’s individual developmental needs are met
- Being the point of contact for the parents if they have any questions
- Recording achievements and reflected upon them
- Reviewing and producing progress summative reports
- Setting challenging activities in different areas so each child makes meaningful steady progress through their time at Little Cherubs.
What is the EYFS?
The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) sets the standards for the development and welfare of children, which all Childcare Providers must adhere to.